Sunday, February 6, 2011

My First DSLR

I've been using digital point-and-shoot cameras for a number of years. Their small size make them easy to carry around, since I travel quite a bit for my work. My current point-and-shoot is the Canon Powershot SX210 IS which has a resolution of 14.1 megapixels and a 14X zoom. Not bad ....

Well, recently I got a DSLR via a sort of "reverse hand me down" route  :)  This was actually the camera I bought two years ago for my daughter Jemima, an undergraduate in the UK She seemed to have done quite well with it, and last Summer we upgraded her to a more professional model, and as a result, I got her Canon EOS 450D instead.




So here I am with my first real DSLR in hand, and trying to learn how to use it. I'm starting this blog to track my adventures in learning how to make full use of the 450D's capabilities. I will post samples of the images I capture - warts and all - and hopefully trace my progress as I learn more tricks and tips.

Should be fun. Away we go ...
.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... i have a EOS 450D as well though underused and idle in the cupboard these days.

    ReplyDelete